Photos are dear to everyone; you would never want to lose photos that you clicked with your friends and family. However, several unforeseen circumstances happen when you lose your photos accidentally, and you lose heart thinking that you would never have them again. But you do not have to worry now, when you have Stellar Phoenix Deleted Photo Recovery software with you. This is a powerful program that lets you recover your favorite photos from your camera, phone, or SD card. In this article, you will read about the following parts:
Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Photos from Camera
Having a digital camera in the house means that you can capture even the smallest moments of your life and cherish them later. The best part about a digital camera is that you can it lets you capture a photo, delete it, or retake it until you have contended. The videos and photos taken by the digital camera are stored on the memory cards, which come in different sizes, memory, and speed. While selecting and sorting the best photos, you may accidentally delete some of the best photos just because you pressed the ‘Delete’ button by mistake. However, there is a relief that you can recover your photos by using various deleted photo recovery methods. Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software lets yourecover deleted photos from the camera in a matter of few minutes. Even when you delete some photos, they are not permanently deleted. The system denotes the space as empty or unallocated, which can be used for rewriting. If you do not use the card for further storage of photos or in other words, if you do not rewrite it, you can recover deleted pictures from your camera.
Precautions to be taken when you accidentally delete photos
Using the Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software, you would know how to recover deleted photos even from a formatted memory card. Stellar Phoenix is an award-winning program, and it supports all kinds of digital cameras for photo recovery. Use the following steps to recover your photos:
Download and install Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software on your PC.
Connect your digital camera to the PC. You can also connect only your memory card of your camera to the PC with the help of a card reader.
Run the Stellar Phoenix program and click the button titled ‘Recover Photo, Audio, & Video button‘ given on the homepage. You will see your memory card or the camera as an individual drive on the homepage.
Select your memory card or camera drive and click ‘Scan Now‘ in order to begin the process of scanning.
If you are a professional user, you can click ‘Advance Settings‘ to recover your lost videos or photos in the RAW file format.
When you see a revolving button titled ‘Recover‘, it means that the scanning process is going on. It will let you preview the recoverable photos or videos during the process on the top right corner.
On the left side panel, you can see the folders and files categorized on the basis of image format and audio format.
On the bottom right panel, the files stored in various folders are registered.
Once the photos are recovered, you can choose the selected or all of the deleted photos to save them. Click ‘Recover‘ and select the location where you want to save your photos. That’s it. You are done with recovering your deleted photos from your digital camera.
- • You can recover the photos quickly and easily.
- • You can recover the photos selectively.
- • The process may take a long time if the recoverable data is too much in size.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Pictures from Hard Drive by the Best Deleted Photo Recovery
Hard disc drive refers to the basic storage drive of a computer. This is a random access device and non-volatile drive for digital information, but some of its parts are also dedicated completely to the operating system.
The harsh reality of using a PC is that your hard disc may be damaged or become corrupt without any warning or sign. This fact is equally valid with external hard drive. The safer option after the hard drive is cloud storage since it does not undergo wear and tear with time. In case your hard drive becomes corrupt, do not panic as you can use some methods to recover your data. A hard drive may be damaged because of two reasons:
- • Mechanical failure: If you accidentally drop a hard drive, its internal parts may be damaged. When you connect your damaged hard drive to the PC, you will hear a clicking sound. The good part about hearing that sound is that your data is still recoverable and the bad part is that you will need the help of a service center to recover the data, which may be quite expensive.
- • Logical failure: It refers to the situation when the hard drive incurs an internal issue and it does not boot up when you connect it to your PC. You can use Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software in this case to recover your data. This is a powerful program that you can use on a Mac or Windows PC even if you have accidentally formatted your hard drive.
Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software can scan up to 2 TB storage space at a time, which is much more than the space provided by other software. Moreover, the photos and videos these days are very heavy, so they take up more space on a drive. With Stellar Phoenix Photo, it becomes easy to recover them in just a few minutes.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from a Hard Disc
Download the Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software and install it on your PC.
Connect your external hard drive to the PC using a USB cable.
Launch the program and click ‘Recover Photo, Audio and Video‘ button given on the homepage.
You will see the list of drives connected to the PC. Select the internal hard drive if you are recovering data from your PC. Click ‘Scan now‘.
If you are a professional, you can recover your format in RAW format when you click ‘Advanced Recovery‘.
Select the photos you want to retrieve and click ‘Recover‘.
Precautions while recovering photos from a hard disc
- • Recovering data from hard drive is quick with Stellar Phoenix software.
- • The user interface is easy to understand.
- • It does not take too long to recover the photos if your PC is in good condition.
- • You can preview your data and select the files you want and discard the remaining.
- • If you plan to recover great amount of data, you will need some time to recover deleted photos.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card by the Stellar Phoenix Deleted Photo Recovery
An SD card is quite handy hardware that you must have used it at some point of time in your life. Most digital camera, Smartphones, and DSLRs do not have sufficient inbuilt memory that we generally need, keeping in view the heavy size of modern digital photos. That is why; it is somewhat necessary these days to use an SD card with these gadgets to expand their memory. Moreover, it is convenient to transfer photos from a memory card than from any gadget because of their wired connectivity.
However, an SD card comes with its own flaws; they may become corrupt or incur physical damage, which may result in data loss. Nevertheless, you can use Stellar Phoenix Deleted Photo Recovery software in case you lose your photos due to SD card malfunction, even if the size of photos is quite large.
You may be using any one these following types of memory card from companies such as Panasonic, Sony, Kingston, Transcend, SanDisk, Olympus Samsung, etc.:
- • CompactFlash Cards
- • SmartMedia Card (SSFDC)
- • MiniCard (Miniature Card)
- • Memory Stick
- • Secure Digital (SD Card)
- • SecureMMC
All these cards are meant to store the data; they just differ in their range of storage space and technique used for storage.
Common Errors on a memory card
Depending on the type of damage occurred to an SD card, you will see the following signs if it has become corrupt:
- • When you connect the card to the PC, it may appear blank and show no photos.
- • It may appear locked or protected.
- • The PC does not detect the card.
- • You cannot use the card.
- • You may be prompted to format the memory card.
- • The files are shown in the RAW file format.
Solutions to try if the SD card does not respond
You can try these simple solutions if your SD card is not responding at all:
- • Insert a different card in the SD card slot of your PC or laptop. This will make you sure where the problem lays- the PC or the SD card.
- • Take out the SD card and re-insert it.
- • Try to insert the SD card in another PC.
If none of these solutions work, it implies that you may lose your data if you do not use a photo recovery program. Deleted Photo Recovery is so simple with these programs, especially if you are not a pro with such technical errors. You may lose photos because of any of these reasons:
- • Photos are deleted accidentally.
- • Files on the SD card become corrupt.
- • Accidental formatting of the SD card.
- • Write / read errors are shown when you connect the SD card to your PC.
How to Recover Deleted Pictures from a Corrupt SD Card
When you are sure that your SD card is not responding, you need to use good quality photo recovery software such as Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery. This program has 100% success rate, which can run successfully on Windows PC as well as Mac.
Features of Stellar Phoenix Deleted Photo Recovery software
Supported file formats
Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software supports the following formats:
How to Recover Deleted Photos from an SD Card
The process of recovering photos is same as you did in the part 1 of this article. You just need to download the Stellar Phoenix Deleted Photo Recovery software, install, and run it. Follow the steps mentioned in the part 1 as you insert your SD card into the card slot of your laptop or memory card reader. Just keep in mind the following points while you recover deleted photos from your SD card:
- • The process of scanning may take some time as it involves several calculations. The time taken by the software also depends on your memory card’s capacity.
- • Do not disconnect the PC or laptop from the power outlet and keep sufficient battery while recovering your data.
Types of memory cards supported by Stellar Phoenix Deleted Photo Recovery software
The software supports all kinds of memory cards provided by major vendors:
- • Nikon- NRW, NEF
- • Canon- CRW, CR2
- • Olympus- ORF
- • Kodak- DCR, K25, KDC
- • Sony- SRF, SR2, ARW
- • Fuji- RAF
- • Pentax- PEF
- • Minolta- MRW
- • Epson- ERF
- • Panasonic- RAW
- • Mamiya- MOS, MEF
- • Sigma- X3f
Part 4. How to Perform Deleted Photo Recovery on Mac
Mac users often panic more than the Windows PC users when they incur data loss because the data recovery programs of Mac are more stringent than other operating systems. However, if you have accidentally deleted some of your photos or lost them because of any malfunctioning of your PC, you do not need to worry. You can recover deleted photos from your Mac using Stellar Phoenix Deleted Photo Recovery. Not just photos, you can use this program to recover all kinds of files such as songs, videos, and several other multimedia files that are lost because of unplanned formatting.
Although Mac PCs are regarded as the safest gadget in terms of data threat, special malware or viruses, several harmful programs are created these days that target Macs particularly.
Reasons for losing photos on a Mac
- • You might delete your favorite photos accidentally.
- • The hard drive of the Mac may become corrupt.
- • When you are transferring photos from a camera to the Mac, the camera may shutdown and photos may get lost.
- • If you detach the camera while transferring the photos, the photos may be lost.
- • Reading or writing errors may occur.
- • If you remove your memory card while transferring photos, the photos may be lost.
- • If you keep transferring photos from your camera to a Windows PC and Mac, this switching of gadgets may also cause data loss.
Although the Mac operating system comes with a Disk Utility that can help repair most errors in the system itself, it cannot fix some of those errors. Hence, if you are not able to recover deleted photos on your own, you can use Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software for Mac.
Features of Stellar Phoenix Deleted Photo Recovery software
How to Recover Deleted Pictures from Mac by Stellar Phoenix Deleted Photo Recovery software
Download the Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software and install it on Mac. If you want to recover the photos from an external drive, connect it to the PC and run the software.
Click the button titled, ‘Recover Photo, Audio, and Video‘ on the homepage.
Select the target device and the volume to recover deleted photos.
Click ‘Scan now‘. Preview the files you want to recover from the left side panel.
Click ‘Recover‘ after you have selected the photos. Select the location where you wish to save the recovered files and click ‘OK‘.