Can we recover our messages from iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4/ 3GS? Of course "YES"! Lots of people asking for help to recover their deleted messages. Actually, there's a way to recover deleted SMS directly from iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS. If you've ever synced your iPhone with iTunes/iCloud before, there is also another way: to recover from iTunes/iCloud backup for all iPhones including iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus. You just need the help from an iPhone text message recovery tool.
Here you can get an SMS recovery tool for iPhone first: iPhone Data Recovery. With iPhone data recovery tool, you have three mode to get message back, recover from iPhone directly and recover from iTunes/iCloud. It can recover 22 type of data, media content like photos, videos, voicemail, ect, text content like sms, contacts, notes, call history, whatsApp messages, facebook messages, etc. It enable you to selectively restore specific sms you want, you don't have to worry about the iPhone data is overwritten by entire backup, the most important thing is that it can directly recover text messages back to iPhone, you don't need to use other tools for help, it is easy to use and convenient for users. Here you can check more introduction to iPhone data recovery software.
1. Support to recover deleted iPhone text messages full information like name, phone number, email, message, date and more which the sms store on your iPhone. No matter who accidentally delete your iPhone sms, iPhone data recovery tool can help you to recover them, even if you haven’t created any iTunes or iCloud backup.
2. Before recovery process, you can preview the details of iPhone messages in scan result, no matter the backup files or sms inside the phone, the marked messages can be saved as CSV, TEXT, or HTML formate to computer for your use.
3. Except text messages, iMessages, mms, etc, it also support to recover thirt-party app data such as WebChat, Viber, Line, Kik, Skype from all iPhone iPad iPod.
4. Rescue lost text messages under various tough circumstances, such as important files deleted or lost by accident, iPhone lost, damaged or broken, iDevices attacked by viruses, iPhone jailbreak, iOS upgrade or factory reset, iPhone locked by forgotten passcode, etc.
5. Support all iOS devices running various versions of iOS system, compatible with all windows and mac computer.
6. Provide the most powerful features to fix iOS system to normal, you won't lost any data after your phone stuck at apple logo/ recovery mode, white/black screen and other issue. If you iPhone iOS system encounter some problem so that it can't boot, you still have a idea to get text messages back.
Please download the free trial version below to take a try. You should choose the right version for your computer.
Now, let's see how to recover deleted messages from iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery.
Step 1:Connect your iPhone to the computer
At first, please connect your iPhone to the computer and run the program after installing it. The primary windows for iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S and iPhone 4/3GS will be a little different.
I. For iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S users, only a "Start Scan" button on the main window. After connecting your iPhone, you just need to click the "Start Scan" button to scan your iPhone, then you will see the scanning window.
II. For iPhone 4/3GS users, you'll see the window below after connecting the device.
Step 2:Enter your iPhone's system and scan it (For iPhone 4/3GS)
You need to get into the device's scanning mode before scanning. You can follow the steps below:
After that, you'll see a message saying that you've successfully entered the system, and the software begins scanning your iPhone. If you use iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/SE/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S, you'll see this scanning window immediately after clicking the "Start Scan" button.
Step 3:Preview and recover iPhone messages
When the scan is completed, all found data will be listed in clear, organized categories. Choose "Messages" to preview the detailed content. Mark those you want and click "Recover" to save them on your compute with one click.
Note: The data you can found here includes the deleted data and those still on your iPhone. If you only want to recover your deleted ones, you can refine the scan result by using the slide button at bottom to only display deleted items.
Important Note: This software also can help you to recover iPhone contacts, photos, video, notes, call history, voice memos, voicemail, whatsapp messages, etc.
If your iPhone text messages have been overwritten, but you have made an iTunes backup before losing sms, you can read the below tips to get message back via iTunes:
1. connect your iPhone to computer and open iTunes, make sure iTunes can detect your iPhone.
2. click "File" > "Devices"> "Restore from Backup" or right-click iPhone icon and press "Restore from backup", select the backup file that contains the missing notes, then click "Restore" to import the backup back to iPhone.
3. Choose the appropriate backup to restore.
But as we all know, using iTunes to restore sms, the entire backup will overwrite all iPhone data, so we will lost existing data on iPhone. And we can choose another method to extract iTunes backup and selective select the sms you need to restore, so that you can keep the original data, follow the steps.
Step 1:Scan your iTunes backup for iPhone
After installing and running the program, move to "Recover from iTunes Backup File" and you'll get the interface as follows. All your iTunes backup files have been found and displayed. Choose the one for your iPhone and click the"Start Scan" button.
Step 2:Preview and recover iPhone SMS
When the scan is completed, all the content contained in the backup file will be extracted and displayed in categories as Photos & Videos, Contacts, Messages, Call History and Notes. You can preview the detailed content of any of them before you perform the SMS recovery for iPhone.
In order to recover deleted SMS from iPhone, you only need to check the "Messages" option and hit the "Recover" to save all the messages on your computer.
Step 3:Do backup well
In order to save your important SMS messages, immediate backup is very useful and important. Please remember to backup them on your computer.
Note: You also can use this software to recover iPhone notes, contacts, photos, video and more, if you have such a need.
If you sync iPhone sms to iCloud before, you can merge the iCloud sms with iPhone sms, read the steps:
1. Click "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Turn off Text Messages" on your iPhone.
2. When you see a pop-up, "Keep on My iPhone", go back to text messages and click "Merge". Wait a while, the messages will go back to your iPhone.
You also can get message back from entire iCloud backup, here is the steps to recover sms from entire iCloud.
1. Click "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings" on your iPhone.
2. Click "Erase iPhone" after a pop-up appear, tap "Set Up iPhone" > "Restore from iCloud Backup" after iPhone restart.
3. Login your iCloud account and choose the back contain the deleted notes to restore.
Using this way to restore iPhone sms, you will lost existing iPhone data because of the entire backup will cover all iPhone data.
If you don't want to recover iPhone text messages from entire iCloud backup and keep the original data, you can use the software to extract iCloud backup and selectively recover iPhone sms, but before you do this, you need to make sure whether you have backuped your sms on iCloud.
Open https://www.icloud.com in the browser, enter your Apple ID and password to login, if you can't see Text Messages option, then your sms did not make a backup before, the method isn't right for you.
Step 1:Login iCloud and extract iCloud backup
Run the software, switch to "Recover from iCloud Backup File" mode, then you need to enter your Apple ID and password to sign in iCloud account. After login iCloud successfully, the software will find all iCloud backup files and show them in the software as a list, you can choose the one you want to extract and click "Download" button, then you can select the type of files "Messages & Attachments" in a pop-up and click "Start Scan" to extract iCloud backup.
Step 2:Preview and recover deleted iPhone text messages from iCloud
After the scan is over, you will see all messages display in the scan result, you can select the one you want to recover and click "Recover" to save the messages to computer or transfer them back to iPhone.
If you accidentally delete the message and want to restore it immediately, you can open Spotlight Search page, enter some keywords contained your deleted sms, the deleted messages can be stored for a short time in the cache, if it didn't be deleted from cache, you can see a cache message show in the windows, you can click it and the system will take you to thread.